QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit.? QuickBooks products are geared mainly toward small to medium-sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications, as well as cloud-based versions that accept business payments, manage, and pay bills and perform payroll functions.
What Will you Learn?
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to provide a professional level of support to business clients and help them succeed. As you progress through the course, you will develop a working understanding of the complete end-to-end accounting life cycle and be able to support clients with the key required tasks within QuickBooks Online Accountant.
After taking this course, you will be able to confidently provide support to various types of clients and enable them to properly implement QuickBooks Online. This includes everything from the setup and maintenance of client accounts to managing lists and reports. You will also be exposed to basic accounting principles, relevant financial documents, and common errors users typically make.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Determine client needs and recommend the appropriate subscription level
- Describe how to set up a new client and ensure correct settings are applied based on client needs
- Recall how to use QuickBooks Online Accountant and QuickBooks Online to support a typical SMB client and ensure that all their data is entered correctly
- Describe how to reconcile accounts and make adjusting entries where appropriate
- Describe how to ensure the books are balanced
- State how to close the books in preparation for year or period end
- Recall how to run basic reports
- Apply the working knowledge gained of using the accountant tools
- Describe the benefits of QuickBooks Online mobile app
- Explain best practice workflows to clients
Where is QuickBooks Used?
QuickBooks accounting software was named the editor?s choice for the best accounting software by PC Magazine.? Due to its increasing popularity, many businesses choose QuickBooks for their accounting needs, which creates a need for competent users. There is a rising market for professional QuickBooks bookkeepers. Job seekers can find career opportunities and lucrative salaries in many different areas including accounting, bookkeepers and CPAs. Entrepreneurial opportunities are also abundant.
In small businesses, bookkeepers are responsible for the daily financial transactions of the company. They record the daily receipts into financial software, like QuickBooks, and manage the banking transactions, accounts payable and accounts receivable. In larger companies, these roles may fall on multiple clerks or accountants, but smaller companies may employ a full-time bookkeeper to handle all these functions.
How much can you make?
Average salaries can vary depending on which career path you take after learning QuickBooks.? Starting salaries for bookkeepers can start off at $46,000 a year, while Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) can make up to $65,000 a year.? Generally, staff accountants start off at around $50,000 a year.? There is also a large market for independent bookkeepers and freelance opportunities.? Most freelancers will charge in the range of $25 - $40 an hour for QuickBooks services rendered.