Candidates for this exam are IT consultants and telecommunications consulting professionals who design, plan, deploy, and maintain solutions for unified communications (UC).
- Candidates should be able to translate business requirements into technical architecture and design for a UC solution.
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience with Microsoft Lync technologies and be familiar with supported migration scenarios.
- Candidates should be proficient in deploying Lync Server 2013 solutions for end users, endpoint devices, telephony, audio/video and web conferences, security, and high availability.
- Candidates should also know how to monitor and troubleshoot Lync Server 2013 using Microsoft tools.
- In addition, candidates should be proficient with Active Directory Domain Services, data networks, and telecommunications standards and components that support the configuration of Lync Server 2013.
- Candidates should be familiar with the requirements for integrating Lync Server 2013 with Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365.
This course is a core requirement for the MCSE certification.